Monday, January 30, 2012

Calloway Gardens and a Birthday

 HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE BEST MOM EVER!
My parents have been at our house now for over a week helping us with painting and several other house projects.  (I have lots to share with you)  On Saturday it was my mom's birthday so we all took the day off from working.  Mother nature gave us a beautiful 60 degree sunny day so we took a little road trip south to a place called Callaway Gardens.
Callaway Gardens is 13,000 acres of beautiful Georgia countryside in the Appalachian Mountains one hour south of Atlanta.  I had heard it has wonderful bike trails, but I had no idea it is a full on resort with lodging, a beach [on a lake], golf, tennis and hiking.  We saw a commercial that during the month January entrance is free to the park, so we thought we would check it out. 
What a beautiful place.  Of course we arrived late in the day (Espinoza style) and missed the daily birds of prey show, but we strolled around and spent some time in the butterfly conservatory.

Even the boys enjoyed it, mapping out where to walk next.
 We were so impressed, we decided that we would come back in the spring or summer to spend more time exploring.
Although Mateo slept most of the time, I know he had fun too..and he looked so cute while doing so.
 We went back to our place and cooked my mom a steak dinner.  I hope you had a great day mom!
A big thanks to you [and dad] for all your help!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hola!
I enjoy reading your comments. Thanks for stopping by Viva Cindy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails