Tuesday, January 03, 2012

{Before and After} The Armoire

Better late than never!
Remember this thing? My $60 find on Craigslist earlier this year?
I did actually start painting it before baby Mateo arrived in September, but finally the hardware has been put on and this beauty now is the star the [unfinished] nursery.  I am still undecided on how to decorate the nursery.  I have so many colorful things, so I need to figure out a way to make it all mesh together.
I am so happy with how it turned out! 

I started out by giving it a coat of Zinsser primer for durability.
The coverage was good enough with one coat and honestly I was ready to move on with the project.  A perfectionist I am not!
Remember I was debating the color?  Orange, yellow, white or Turquoise? The paint I chose was Behr "Gem Turquoise."
I didn't get samples, which was dumb of me, there are so many shades of turquoise, and this one probably would not have made the cut if I had bought a sample.  Ernesto started paining it for me after I bought the quart so there was no turning back. It came out a little like frosting, but I have really grown more fond of it with time. It adds a great punch of color, and everyone who has seen it has loved it! 
What I think makes the armoire fabulous is the hardware.  This gold metallic by Valspar has a great finish.
What do you think?
Now I just need to desgn the nursery with this pop of color.  The original idea (see inspiration board here) was yellow and gray...I think that can still work!

I am linked up with:
my girlish whims
blue cricket design
sew-much-ado
someday crafts
sew woods
a beach cottage
domestically-speaking
gingersnap crafts
free pretty things for you
733 blog
southern lovely
Homemaker on a Dime - Creative Bloggers Party & Hop
Not Just a Housewife - Show Me What Ya Got
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia - Tuesday Treasures
Savvy Southern Style - Wow Us Wednesday
saved by suzy
Primp your stuff Wednesday

5 comments:

  1. It's beautiful! Nice job and great color choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous!! The original was not much to look at. Great job for seeing the potential in it because it's a beauty!

    Eva from Tales of the Scotts
    evamscott05.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it looks awesome, i love the color, and you my friend, are so stinking cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. At first I thought. Uh Oh. But then the color and the finish on the hardware and WOW. It's got it goin' on. LOVE IT. Sometimes you just have to push it through to completion to see that your instincts were right on.

    ReplyDelete

Hola!
I enjoy reading your comments. Thanks for stopping by Viva Cindy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails