Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Craigslist Armoire Score!

Remember this cool wood armoire I picked up on Craigslist for $60 back in February?  I had to shove it in my walk-in closet to make room for it, buit I just knew it would be a great piece once painted.  I would like it to be the star piece in the nursery [that we don't have yet].
I love all the details.  It reminds me of something you would see in Spain or Morocco. 
Well, even with the depressing realization that we will probably not have a house in time for baby's arrival, (yikes just 4 weeks away!) Ernesto and I got started anyway and put one coat of primer on this bad boy. Already it's looking better.

Now I just need to make a decision on the color. I know that a High gloss white with metallic gold hardware would look gorge, but I really want to do something more bold. I have a quart of semi-gloss paint by Behr called Gem Turquoise.  I like it....and I have it....so I should use it....right?
I found this picture of an armoire painted a similar color and it does look great.
   BUT....I also found this:
 
...and then this one too:
Of course Ernesto wants me to use the turquoise because he fears I will take too long deciding and it may not get finished in a timely manner...I mean, it has happened before.

I am going to choose a color and have this project finished this week!

Just out of curiosity, what is your vote?





3 comments:

  1. I really like the orange cabinet,but you have stuck with turquoise longer than any other color,so I agree with Ernesto. It's a great color. love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe something a little more subtle like a hot pink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. turquoise!
    Kyja

    ReplyDelete

Hola!
I enjoy reading your comments. Thanks for stopping by Viva Cindy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails