Friday, January 16, 2009

Hello? Of course Im Applying for this Job!

While reading about the Gaza strip on BBC.com this past Monday I came across an article where Tourism Queensland is searching for a "caretaker" for Hamilton Island in Australia. This seems too good to be true, but it is a real job. It is a 6 month gig (starting July 1) in a 3 bedroom house (no rent), the pay is $100,000. What you have to do is "experience" the island, blog about it with photos and videos, and conduct some media interviews. This has Cindy written all over it! Why you ask, would Queensland tourism create this position? The goal is too create buzz and encourage tourism to Australia. Buzz has already been created, they announced the opening last Monday, and in the first 24 hours 850,000 people clicked on the Application. Yes, it is going to be a one in a million chance of winning, but you know I am going to give it my best shot!
To apply you must make a 60 second video describing yourself and why you should be hired for the job. Immediately I thought of my co-worker Marco, who is the media and video producer for Habitat LA. I offered him 1/3 of the money if I win, and we drew up the "contract" then and there. He couldn't believe I would pay him that much, but If I was paid $100,000 to do what I love (and live for free for 6 months) what is $33,000? I want his best work, the quality of the video is going to make the difference. Tons of people have already uploaded their videos here.


When my videos is done, I will post and be calling on you for help. It will be very easy. Watch my video. Rate it a *5*, not only because it is a great video but because you want to see me win so you can be sitting here enjoying breakfast with me on my balcony overlooking the ocean.
I promise you are all invited, and what perfect timing, Delta starts new service from LA to Sydney this summer!



Good Day Mate!

1 comment:

  1. I was checking out some of your competition. I think you got it in the bag! Unless, of course, I decide to make a video;)

    ReplyDelete

Hola!
I enjoy reading your comments. Thanks for stopping by Viva Cindy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails