Saturday, May 07, 2022

50 Years of Ernesto

Mi Neto turned 50 years old the other day!!! Whaaaaaa???? 
I knew I had to put something special together.  Because 50.
He had an idea to go to Spain for a European JuJitsu tournament and I was 100% on board with that idea.
But unfortunately childcare is hard to come by these days. 😂😂
He decided to join a tournament in Atlanta, which surprise, surprise, he won GOLD!  

 
I am so proud of him.   He is dedicated. He practices jujitsu 5 days a week and has for the last 4 years. He is also a competition junkie and has flown all over the country to bust out his skillz in tournaments. 
All but once, he walks out with the gold metal. 👏👏👏
 
Ernesto doesn't need much in the way of gifts, but we did wrap up some Chaco flip flops and a new family game called NINE, that we have yet to break out.  Its a golf card game and I've heard it is fun.  Here the kids are opening his presents.  Yes, we are still in that phase.
I had the idea of a "50 years of Ernesto" video, and knew that would be the best gift I could give.  It was so fun to put together. 
I started with baby pictures.  A lot of them Ernesto's mom sent me.  I continued on with young boy to teenage to young man to college to marriage to father to jujitsu champion.   All of these baby pics didn't make it into the video (which is posted at the bottom of this page) but they are too cute not to share. 
sadgfa


I requested that people in Ernesto's life (past and present) send me a little video clip with a message for him and they started pouring in...he has a lot of people that love him.  
I dropped all of the video clips into iMovie with all the pictures. 
It turned out so awesome....if I do say so myself! 👏👏👏👏👏👏

Cinco de Mayo fell on a Thursday.  Ernesto actually had a lighting job that day.  He also didn't want any kind of party as he was competing 2 days later. He was actually watching everything that he ate/drank to make sure his weight was in check.  I knew that I had a great present with the video, but I was unsure what to do for him that day with all his restrictions.

Our friends Virginia and Rodney came over for Tostadas and cupcakes.  That is when I played the finished video.  Of course he loved it! 
Please enjoy below!
Happy Birthday mi amorrrrrrrrr!  You look sooooooooo good at 50! I love you mucho!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hola!
I enjoy reading your comments. Thanks for stopping by Viva Cindy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails