Monday, July 02, 2007

That's what friends are for.......

Having a bad day? How about a quick beach getaway? Ok twist my arm....Smita is such a good friend! I don't think I have ever gotten ready for a trip on such short notice.  It was Saturday morning and Smita called saying she got this Starwood hotel in Hilton Head for a deal and we could try for a flight (which was oversold) at 9:55......it was 8:30am. 

Ernesto was out of town, so I grabbed my swimsuit, hat, sunscreen (which they took at security...f$*#ers) and threw on a dress.....nope no shower this morning, and I was out the door in 10 minutes.  

Flight was full. New Plan. Fly to Charleston. (the Delta agent was busy closing the flight and still  got us on no problem...she was great!!!)  After driving 1.5 hour to HH we set our feet on the beach, and totally forgot about it. 

It is so amazing how relaxing and calming the beach can be.  A couple hours in the sun can do wonders.  I got a great start on my tan, and Smita got "black" (that's what she called it, I call it "perfect color" ...oh what i wouldnt do to have skin that tans instantly)  After hours on the beach, we enjoyed a 5 mile trail walk, dinner at a Thai restaurant called Ruans.....DELISH....and were in bed by 1030....just what i needed!! And YES, I have new sand for my collection!! 
ps.  The Westin resort is heavenly.  I highly recommend it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hola!
I enjoy reading your comments. Thanks for stopping by Viva Cindy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails