Thursday, June 18, 2009

Lordy Lordy Jenny is Forty!

I can hardly believe my sister turned 40 today! 40??  Whaaaaat?  I guess that is because I am not too much younger than her?!  We all got together last night and Kelli, her daughter, wrote her a "brief birthday book" about how much she loves her mother and that age isn't important.  She found some great quotes about age and included them in the letter.

"Everyone is the age of their heart."

"Age is an issue of mind over matter.  If you don't mind, it doesn't matter."

"You can't turn back the clock but you can wind it up again."

"How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were?"  

My whole family (minus 2 brothers) took Jenny out to eat in Wooster to celebrate. In a small town full of chain restaurants, I was so happy to try a local place.  Melvins in the downtown area was full of character. We squeezed into a large booth, just so we wouldn't have to separate to two table (yes, we are a close knit family)
After the delicious chocolate-peanut butter cake that Barbie made from scratch, Jenny opened her "40 things" (which included a necklace and earrings I made for her) and then we went around the table to say something special about the birthday girl.  A fun thing that my friend Maureen told us about.

I went first:  I love how through the years I could call Jenny at any time, with any problem and she can always make me laugh. I can always count on her for a good laugh. (also that she keeps a toothbrush in a zip-lock bag with my name on it for when I sleep over, mostly so I won't use hers)
Neto said:  I love how Jenny always keeps eye contact when you are talking with her, you can always tell she is listening.
Mom said:  I love what a great mom [cry cry cry] Jenny is to Kelli.
Kelli said:  I am so glad my mom is my best friend, and that I can tell her anything.
Scott said:  I love how patient Jenny is -with me and with Kelli. mostly with me.
Barbie said: I love how close Jenny and Kelli are, I just hope I [cry cry cry] can have a relationship that close with my kids.
Bill said:  I love that Jenny is a great neighbor and also a best friend.
Dad said: I am just so proud of how Jenny raised such a great daughter and also that we are friends.

(Tim, Michelle & Schhhirner, if you are reading- or anyone else who knows Jenny, please add yours in the comments section) 

1 comment:

Hola!
I enjoy reading your comments. Thanks for stopping by Viva Cindy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails