Although I didn't get to spend the day with my dad, I did just have 2 weeks of quality time with him, which I cherish!
There are so many things I love about my dad. Besides always being supportive, he is always willing to help. (He will haul anything to anywhere with his trailer!) I love that we have a good time hanging out.
If there is one thing I get from my dad, it is a sense of humor. (He has passed it on to everyone in my family) My dad not only likes to make people laugh, he likes it when people laugh AT him (and it is always with him). Yes, he loves to be made fun of. I don't know what he would do if we didn't talk about him. All of my brothers and sisters have a "dad voice" and we use it often. I have to say my brother Bill does it best. He can even imitate my dad's gestures, which really makes us cry [laughing]. There have been so many quotes from my dad over the years that are still repeated to this day, some over 20 years old. You'd be surprised at how many times they can be used in everyday situations.
Top 3 Paul Arnold Quotes
"Somethin Different" used when you don't want to say you don't like something. For example with food: he'll just ask my mom "Is there 'somethin' different' about this rice?"
"Did they say that was it?" He said this over twenty years ago on a family trip to Yosemite. We were at Old Faithful and we thought it was going to blow, but it just let out a little burp. "Did they say that was it?" was his question to my mom. Now whenever something is disappointing we use that phrase.
"We may be defeating our purpose" On that same trip out west, we were in front of the Grand Tetons and my parents were discussing what route to take. During the discussion my dad said "we may be defeating our purpose"
10 things you may or may not know about Paul Arnold
- He is silly- prime example to the right. "the happy dance"
- He is the biggest sports ass ever
- He started "Paul's Shuttle Service" for his frequent trips to the airport. (mostly to pick me up)
- He is an avid bicycler.
- He loves mowing his grass.
- He loves to play cards (and is the best score keeper)
- He is a great loving dad to 5 kids.
- In most cases he would rather drive than fly (to be in control-ha!)
- He would like to see a baseball game in every stadium around the US
- Cindy is his favorite kid. (haha just wanted to make sure you read til the end!)
**Also a happy fathers dad to mi suegro, mis hermanos Tim, Bill and Schaffner, and mis cuñados Tavo, Jerry and Jorge.