Today is my parents 47 year anniversary. WOW! Whew! Can you imagine? Just kidding.
I can't wait to say we've been married that long.
I think a big congratulations is in order, right?!! More than that though, I wanted to say thanks mom & dad! You guys have always shown your kids a good example of marriage
Observations from My Parents' Marriage
- They seem to like each other and laugh together
- They travel a lot together. (play together stay together?)
- They sit down and eat dinner together every night
- They never [used to] argue in front of their kids (things have changed in recent years- ha!)
- They are always respectful to one another
- They have separate hobbies (ex: golf/gardening, sports/sewing etc)
- They pick their battles (my mom at least -haha)
- They are considerate of each other
These are just a few things I have witnessed.
They have an "opposites attract" marriage I would say. They are so different, but really balance each other out. They found a great match and I guess that is why they are celebrating 47 years today!
Here is what they said:
Dad: "She let's me play golf whenever I want...she let's me do whatever I want"
Mom: "I pick my battles." (was I right or was I right?)
So just to be clear, for a long lasting marriage you will need to let your husband do whatever he wants, and only "battle him" on the important things. Boy, I gotta do some changin'. Ha!
ps. I Just asked Ernesto if/why he thought our marriage was "good" he said "because we
are great communicators like each others company. Ha! I do enjoy your company mi amor!