Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Balboa Park

Balboa Park is a must see if you are in San Diego.  It is one of the largest cultural parks covering 1200 acres, and it's right in the middle of the city.    Inside the park  are 15 museums, performing arts venues, beautiful gardens and the famous San Diego Zoo.  It would take at least a week to get through this park.   For me, walking through the gardens alone are  worth the trip.     I love this park too, because it is the finish line for America's Finest Half Marathon held every August (which I have run twice).Today we only ventured into the Air & Space Museum  which was fun, I always enjoy looking at airplanes.  And even though I am not a car girl, the Hod Rod's Then and Now exhibit was cool to walk through.  If had to pic my favorite, it would be this beauty.  The color may have something to do with my choice. 
The Spanish-Renaissance architecture all over the park is screaming to be photographed. 

If I had kids in San Diego [cough cough] I would come here and let them play in the fountain with all the other kids.  They were having so much fun, and one of my favorite past times is to sit in the sun with beautiful scenery. 
See what I mean?  
Behind me in this huge English garden were thousands of purple and blue delphiniums.
Definitely a "beautiful day" worth sharing over at the Inspired Room.

2 comments:

  1. I'm coming from Claudia's blog ( paris apartment ) and I'm glad I've just discovered your blog. Fantastic stories. Balboa park reminds me good memories , I came 3 times to San Diego to improve my english and >I loved to go there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that the flowers match the fountain :)

    anne

    ReplyDelete

Hola!
I enjoy reading your comments. Thanks for stopping by Viva Cindy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails