Monday, June 15, 2009

Guacamole de Neto

{picture via Smiles are Free}

Many of you have requested Neto's guacamole receta.  I thought I might as well post it here for easy reference. I have to admit, it is the best I have ever tasted.  I have made it myself 5 million times (at least)!  The key to the this Guacamole (as to any)  is...suprise...the avacados!!

The trick is not picking them too ripe, or not ripe enough.  You should  be able to push your thumb into it just barely.  This recipe cubes the avocados (not mashed)  so you won't want them so soft that they can't be cubed. 

You will need:

4 avocados, cubed**
2 large roma tomatoes, seeds removed, chopped
2 jalepenos, chopped  (adjust to desired heat)
1 small red onion, chopped
handful of fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
salt and pepper

combine in bowl and add one good squirt of lime juice. 

**slice in half, take out seed and use knife to score avocado into cubes.  scoop out with spoon. 

Serve with homemade tortilla chips (my obsession lately) 
Cut stack of corn tortillas into quarters.  lay on baking sheet.  spray chips with cooking spray and sprinkle salt.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees and  cook for 12 minutes or until golden or crispy.  If you take them out to early they will be chewy=not good.

I know many of you have already had this, but if you try to make it, please let me know how it turns out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hola!
I enjoy reading your comments. Thanks for stopping by Viva Cindy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails