Wow! We just arrived back to Atlanta today from our last summer trip. I'll say it again, I love Asheville! What a cool town! When Ernesto and I visited my brother Brrrian in January, our weekend trip spontaneously turned into a week. This time, my sister Jenny and her family drove from Ohio and we had a blast...5 of us sleeping in the living room - good thing we are a close family! I love my brothers place, it's a true artist space with so much to discover. The weather was perfect! No humidity and cool evenings. We were very active (to the point of pain even) and I loved it! Lots of laughing and sarcasm, a true Arnold get together.
Here are some of the highlights of the trip:
- Listened to live music at Goombay Festival in Pack's Park, and dance dance danced!
- Ate jerk chicken at Nine Mile, a Jamaican restaurant
- Drank brews at the new Pack's Tavern
- Hiking in Montreat - Lookout Mountain
- Cooking out and enjoying Brrrian's big front porch
- Drove to Gorges State Park for hike, swim and a slide down waterfall
- worked out: 400 meters of walking lunges [and bitched about being sore for 3 days, haha]
- Met Amber, the girl Brrrian is dating. Very cool.
- Walked around all the cool downtown shops
- Drank IPA's at the Lab
- Dinner at a Japanese steakhouse downtown [I forget the name, bad girl!]
I took so many pictures that I decided a video recap was in order, I hope you enjoy!!