Happy Cinco de Mayo amigos!
We went out to dinner the night before to celebrate because we knew he was driving to FL [for our friends' wedding] and would not be around on his actual birthday. Our friend Kate was in town for a couple nights from Haiti so the three of us ate at Tierra, at nice restaurant which specializes in Central and South American food.
I gave him his presents that night too. Some golf accessories, lots of [much needed] boxers, and these:
Ok, so how did I mess up then, you ask? Well, the next morning, Cinco de Mayo (his actual birthday) I had to work at the spa at 630 am. I rushed out the door and didn't remember it was his birthday.
I felt so bad driving to work thinking about how when we woke up he said "cof cof" and I said "no, you make the cof cof." (we do that little back and forth about the coffee every morning) He even walked me out to the car when I left and I still forgot:( Bad wife.
Of course by the time I was done working at 10am, he had left on his road trip. Im sorry mi amor!! Im hoping he will forgive me after he tastes the special cake I am going to bake for him at his belated birthday cookout next week.
Anyhoo, while driving to work I thought about some of the things that I love about my husband, the hottest 39 year old that I know! Happy birthday mi amor!!!!
- He is reliably in a good mood. Every. Day.
- He is easy going and friendly with everyone he meets.
- He is a wonderful cook and loves to entertain.
- He has integrity and works hard [when he is working].
- He is sweet and affectionate.
- He cherishes his Mexican roots and wants to pass this on to our kids. Yay Spanish!
- He is silly and makes me laugh everyday. (Especially if he lip syncs anything)
- He loves to travel and shares the same curiosity and respect for different cultures as me.
- He doesn't have a prejudice or racist bone in his body.
- He is very domestic and does more than his share around the house.