Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Belated Birthday Cake: Chocolate Chipotle

Sometimes I have dreams of being a domestic goddess. You know, the day when I have my big "chef's kitchen" overlooking the the kids playing in the living room.  I will have finally opened and unpacked my Kitchen Aid mixer [that was a wedding present 10 years ago, ha!]  Yes, that is when I will follow my mom's tradition of always having baked goods in the kitchen for her family.

Sometimes though, you have to go ahead and jump in... instead of waiting for "the dream" to be reality.    No I didn't unpack my KitchenAid, but I did take out a quite capable hand mixer.  Since Ernesto's birthday was last week, I had reason to make this happen.  He is a big chocolate fan.  He is also a chile addict.  Everything (and I mean everything) needs to be spicy for him to be satisfied.  While searching for a delicious cake to bake him for his birthday the other day, I came across this Spicy Chipotle Chocolate Cake recipe and knew this was the one I must bake. 


At 9am I put on my apron and got started.  While mixing the batter, I wondered why people use boxed cake mix.  It is so easy to make one from scratch and I already had all of the ingredients in my kitchen.
I popped the 2 cake pans in the oven and whipped up the to-die-for cream cheese and nutella frosting. Nutella is a hazelnut-chocolate spread and you won't be disappointed with its flavor. 

When I took the cakes out of the oven I was a bit surprised that it did not rise.  But after going back to the recipe and reading the comments,  it really is more of a brownie like consistency instead of a moist cake.  (Plus there is only 3/8 cup flour) Either way,  it turned out delicious, and mi esposo was happy!  Let the traditions begin!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hola!
I enjoy reading your comments. Thanks for stopping by Viva Cindy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails