HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Can you believe it is 2011? We are back from a long weekend at mountain cabin we rented in Ellijay, GA. What an AWESOME little trip! All I kept thinking was " I have got to get my whole family here this summer!" Our friends Sean and Lucy found the place and booked it online.
When I looked at the pictures on the website I thought it looked nice. But we were so surprised when we arrived. It was so much better than we expected. This did not seem like a rental property. It was furnished as if you were staying at your friends house.
For a mere $150/night, we enjoyed a very cozy decor complete with fireplace, nice linens, a fully equipt kitchen, outdoor hot tub, balconies, grill, pool table, satellite TV and a location right on the Coosawatee river.
What to eat:
- Grilled flank steak, chicken and ribs
- Popcorn (Espinoza style)
- Pumpkin pancakes
- Vegetable lasagna
- Pigs in the Blanket (ie: pork and cabbage. A family tradition for New Years Day)
- Cheese, cheese and more cheese
- Chorizo and eggs
- Mexican tinga [with eggs]
Pets were invited on this trip too. Whether they were cuddling with the humans, or running around outside, they had a great time.
Aphi played fetch in and out of the water. Titi didn't go too far and he definitely was not interested in the water. He did like poking around in the tall weeds. Do you see him hiding near the middle tree?
What to do:
- Eat, drink and be merry!
- Watch movies/football/Sex in the City
- Relax in the hot tub
- Keep the fire going all day in fireplace
- Stay in lounge clothes all day:)
- Play with our pets outside in the sun
- Make 5 pairs of earrings and 2 necklaces
- Play Bananagrams
- Listen to rain pour over tin roof
- Watch river rise from 24 hours of rain
- Slept with windows open to hear the raging river
- Wake up before sunrise to enjoy silence and the great view
- Wear a sequin shirt with pajama bottoms to ring in the new year. (half party/half cabin wear)
- Do handstands and bike tricks
I highly recommend this for a getaway weekend or a week's vacation. My parents have already said they are in for a nice Arnold Family week this summer. Who's coming with us??