Sunday, December 26, 2010

Feliz Navidad!

FELIZ NAVIDAD!
Merry Christmas to all of you!!  I don't know about you guys, but did the day just fly by or what?  I hope you had a great day with loved ones.
Well, I know I have told you this before [here] but it's the same thing every year on Christmas morning.  Hurry up and wait!  We wait for the Wooster clan to arrive at my parents before opening presents.  To pass the time Ernesto practiced his swing and I played with Titi in the snow.
I don't know why we didn't do this years before, but Ernesto and I exchanged one of our gifts in the morning before everyone got there and that was just enough to tide me over.  (good idea Fred!)
I gave Ernesto a Ravensburger puzzle and he gave me the fuzziest lounging shirt ever!  (I am the queen of lounge wear.  As soon as I walk in my house, I change into lounge wear and slippers) Both of these will be perfect to take to the cabin we rented for New Years!

This year I wish we could've been at Bill house to watch Cheekers open her gifts from Santa.  But, needless to say,  she had plenty to open once she arrived to grandma's house.  (OMG look at that face!)
Ok, there is no way I can narrow it down to just one picture.
We always start by opening the presents in our sibling exchange.  (Brrrian opted out since he was in Portand, but the NM clan mailed their exchange gifts) I had Fred (Jenny) and was dying more than ready to get the started with the "opening of presents" portion of the day.
Fred/SchaffNer had me in the exchange and bought me a couple more glass ornaments for my collection and a pretty black shirt, and some sexy underwear [for Ernesto]. Thanks Fred!
Everyone tore through their presents in about an hour and we showed off the spoils.
  My parents got each of the kids a few things to unwrap and a nice little checky-check!! Thanks padres!  I don't have to look for a job now!  haha! 
I kept telling Ernesto I wanted the ipad for Christmas.  (kind of as a joke/kind of not)  I really didn't have anything on my wishlist this year.  I told him that the ipad would be so easy for him.
I unwrapped some more lounge clothes, a beautiful CAREY leather bag and then a gift the size of an ipad.....but it was actually a couple books from my mom's bookshelf with a hand written note that said "I fooled you Cindylou, I know you thought this was an ipad!" 
The last gift was a much bigger box, and can you guess what was inside?
That's right!  Paddy Pad!  I really was surprised and actually felt a tinge of guilt.  Do I really need this? But this guilt subsided when I realized this was a joint gift.  I thought ...he may have had an ulterior motive for buying this.... as he downloaded some games and got comfortable.   hmmmmm??
The aftermath of "present opening" in the Arnold living room.
This was the first Christmas that I can remember where we did not play cards.  But as I said, the day went by so quickly.  Our second round of eating was at 6pm and before we knew it, it was 9pm.
Whew!  What a day!  I have said it many times before, but nothing beats an Arnold Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hola!
I enjoy reading your comments. Thanks for stopping by Viva Cindy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails