Monday, January 10, 2011

Will Work For Beads!

In preparation for my upcoming job at the Tucson Gem Show,  I worked at The American Bead & Jewelry Show this weekend in Roswell, GA.This show travels around and hits Atlanta a few times a year. Arif was at a show in Tampa, so I assisted Natalie [his store manager] at this smaller show so she could train me on the pricing system.   We were the only vendor there selling faceted gemstones [like I buy for Zafiro].  Of course this was the perfect situation in terms of sales potential.  We were very busy on Saturday.  So busy, in fact,  that we had a lot of merchandise stolen from our table.  Fortunately, we had a good day of sales, but this was still disappointing.

Im not sure if this will become a regular thing for me, but I must say it was quite fun.  Plus, now that I am "in the family" I am receiving the lowest pricing on my supplies.  I couldn't resist and did some shopping while I was there working.  I just told Arif that I would like to be paid for my time in gems!

 Here is what I picked for my weekend of work.  I tend to gravitate to the same blues and greens, and one of my favorite stones labradorite, so this time I decided to throw in a few new [to me] gems.
 top to bottom: labradorite, lapis, chrysophrase, pyrite, green garnet, tourmaline.
I have one more strand waiting for me at Arif's store.  It is s the bulk of my "payment" for working the show.  He only had one strand so they did not come to the show with us.  I had to borrow this pic from internet, but like mine, these gold rutilated quartz briolettes are AAA grade and absolutely gorgeous.  I can't wait to wrap them heavy in gold!!
source
I know Arif would like me to do more shows for him in the future.  We will see how Tucson goes in a couple weeks.  Maybe Ernesto will like doing the shows too [although my prediction is that he will get bored quickly].  It could be a good source of extra money for us without the commitment of full time jobs.  And you know that is what we are shooting for!!  Work less, live more!  Viva Cindy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hola!
I enjoy reading your comments. Thanks for stopping by Viva Cindy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails