Saturday, December 11, 2010

Indian Glass Christmas Tree Ornaments

Last year I fell in love with these glass Christmas tree ornaments from India that I kept seeing at TjMaxx.  I bought a few then and this year saw them again.  I continued to stock up, knowing they are too heavy for my live tree.  (A beautiful Noble Fir that I will show you soon!)
I had an idea that one day I will have an outdoor tree wrapped in white lights and dangle these beauties from the branches. 
That was my idea.......until I saw this:
GLASS ORNAMENT GARLAND FROM DESIRE TO INSPIRE
OMG!  Isn't it beautiful??  The reader who submitted this picture to Desire to Inspire (an awesome design blog) said that she has been working on this masterpiece for 4 years!  She estimates that there are over 500 glass ornaments.

This gives me a whole new mission.  If any family members would like to give me these ornaments as a xmas gift (check tj's and marshalls) I would be so happy!  I may have to shoot for a wreath next year.  I like to shop, but it's going to take a while to get together a collection like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hola!
I enjoy reading your comments. Thanks for stopping by Viva Cindy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails