Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Blistered Shishito Peppers: Delicioso!


Shishito Peppers: Ernesto and I gobbled up a plate of these mild chiles at a Japanese restaurant (can't remember the name) in San Diego last year.   They were delectable and we wanted to recreate them.  

I guess we forgot about them.   Out of sight, out of mind.  Fast forward a year and I spot them at our farmers market.  Straight into my stroller. 
A quick search on google turned up several "recipes."
If you can call salt and lemon a recipe.  Can you?  

Well, heat some oil, saute these babies until they blister up and get a nice golden color.  
 Squirt on some lemon juice and sprinkle with kosher salt.  Done and done!




As in GONE!  This plate did not last more than 5 minutes.  So. Damn. Rica!
They are the perfect snack/appetizer!


Go get ya some! 

Have you guys discovered a new favorite snack?  Do tell! 

3 comments:

  1. Did you save some seeds? Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great Idea to save the seeds...I will do it next week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mouth is totally watering after seeing those photos... Yummy!! I use basically the same technique with banana peppers but with salt and garlic. Sooooo good!

    ReplyDelete

Hola!
I enjoy reading your comments. Thanks for stopping by Viva Cindy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails