Friday, September 10, 2010
What an awesome week I've had! Kate was in town and although she had to work all week, we had a lot of fun girl time too! It was great catching up. Oh and her interview about working/living in Haiti is coming to Viva Cindy soon- I know you will enjoy it!
This girl is a shopper! Not many people can hang with me, but Kate actually took longer than me. She had a long list of things she wanted to bring back to Haiti with her, and darn it, I had to accompany her! Thursday and Friday we hit 2 TJMaxx's and a Marshals, totaling about 8 hours of shopping! Since I had $$$ burning a hole in my pocket from my show last weekend, I treated myself to a few shirts and a great new pair of jeans. If you haven't been to these stores lately...GO! There are such great deals on clearance items right now. Best buy: a navy Tahari trench coat on clearance for $35! The original Tahari tag read: $298! Wow! I saw so many clothes that I would've have bought if only I had an office job. Fashion is what I miss most about working. Oh and the steady paycheck! Oh well, I will be crazy busy with the Christmas lights soon so maybe next year!
Besides shopping this week we:
- called on businesses for Christmas Lights Pros
- attended birthday cookout at my friend Lucy's
- Steph stayed over for one night (she was in town from Costa Rica) So great to have the girls together again!
- we restaurant hopped: ate tuna tartar at Serpas followed by arugula procciutto pizza at Fritti
- had dinner at One Midtown Kitchen. (try the lamb carpaccio and smoked trout!)
- homemade Indian dinner with Smita
- enjoyed salmon cakes that Ernesto made- so tasty!
Yes, it does seem that my whole week was about eating, but I did balance it with 4 workouts! Thank you very much!
Fit Fridays and Crossfit !!
Here is what the week entailed:
Monday: Crossfit: thruster-5 reps, hang power cleans -7 reps, sumo deadlifts-10 reps. repeat for 20 min
Wednesday: Crossfit:10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 reps of these three: deadlifts, bench press, cleans (I almost cried!)
Thursday: run 5k
Friday: Crossfit: 50 pull-ups, 100 push-ups, run 5k