Sunday, August 23, 2009

Adjusting to "Ohio Time"

Hola, saludos de Ohio! I thought I would start by sharing a beautiful bouquet my mom cut from her garden.
I couldn't believe the heat wave when we walked out of the Akron-Canton airport last week. 90 and humid! It is so nice being home with my family.

Jokingly, I told my dad it would take me 3 days to adjust to the time change. We have been staying up late. The first day I woke up at 1030a, the second 930a and the next at 830a. (I have only ever experienced real jet lag twice and it when I went to China and Turkey) We both knew that this was not due to jet lag. I think I may have grown accustomed to my laid back west coast lifestyle!
Ohio is a faster pace, and I'm fine with it. Change is good! Adapt. So many new things.

#1 one being my new beautiful, tiny, perfect, chubby-cheeked niece Eleanor.

I only found out she was a girl on day she was born, and immediately I decided to get crafty. I had read about how to sew these burping cloths on Smile and Wave and I was inspired. I bought some girly material and went to work. Another project was a frame that I painted and added letters spelling her name, and my favorite, a onesie where I sewed on a big letter E. Great idea right?


My first summer lunch in Ohio? BLT's with home grown tomatoes. I think I had 5 or 6 this week. YUM!

Tomorrow we are driving to Columbus to visit my friend Joanne's new baby Lucy, who is exactly one week older than little Eleanor. I haven't seen Joann for about a year and a half, so I can't wait!

Tuesday or Wednesday we will be taking off to Mexico City where we will relish a few nights alone in a "Heavenly Bed" at the Sheraton or W Hotels. Thank you Starwoods points!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hola!
I enjoy reading your comments. Thanks for stopping by Viva Cindy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails