Sunday, January 13, 2008

THE LAST SUPPER

Saturday night was the LAST SUPPER at our house on Hosea Williams. Cry cry cry.......
Smita and I were tired from the yard sale that day, but feeling like cooking a great meal. Something special. Ernesto was busy with lights all day so he deserved a treat too!

I have made a habit of going to the Dekalb Farmers Market whenever I am home on the weekends. You can find anything there, it is so huge. It is such a wonderful experience. As soon as I arrive I make a bee-line for the bakery. One coffee and an almond horn...I need to find out how they make this delicious cookie. I would like to start baking (that is another story) the only thing in my repetoire now is almond & anise biscotti, which I must toot my own horn, is pretty darn good. Anyhoo, the international food, and the people and all the flags.....the farmers market is one of the most enjoyable things to do if you enjoy food...So much bread to choose from, I went with a rustic italian.The cheese selection is out of this world too. We always pick a new one to try. This one Smita has is a made from sheep milk. Im really trying to like goat cheese, and this sheep cheese was a step in the right direction.
I bought filet mignon the other day, and picked a recipe I made once before a couple years ago. You cook the steaks in a red rine reduction with shallots, then top the steaks with blue cheese and pansko bread crumbs (a crunchy japanese style) and put under the broiler until toasted. Smita made roasted potatoes and a creamed spinach. To see the whole menu and recipies check out Smita's cooking blog.

Chin chin....to all the good times at 2823 Hosea Williams Dr.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hola!
I enjoy reading your comments. Thanks for stopping by Viva Cindy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails