Thursday, June 30, 2016

June Yoga Challenge

YOGA INSPIRATION- MY NIECE KELLI
I started going to HOT yoga just before I found out I was pregnant with Paloma.
I bought a Groupon at Sacred Sweat (in East Atlanta) on a whim, not knowing what to expect. I was hooked on the sweaty workout after day 1.
I kept with it, going once or twice a week until I was 7 months pregnant, at which point I tapered off.
Paloma is almost 9 months (what what?!) and although I had started going to a few classes here and there again, I knew that I needed more. You see, I am a worker-outer. I have been since I was in high school

When I saw that Highland Yoga was opening a studio just a few blocks from my house, I was excited! The convenience factor for working out is HUGE!
One June 3nd I bought the intro package. One month unlimited classes for $25. What a steal!
To make it even better, I challenged myself to make it $1 per class, which means I had to do a class almost every day.
Well, here I am at the end of the month and I am feeling like a million bucks! I LOVE the classes so much. I must sweat a gallon every class.

The owner Elsie and her husband John have some strict standards for their teachers, and over the last month I have probably practiced with almost all of them. They are all wonderful!

I am addicted and will be continuing my practice!
We are heading to the beach in Mexico next week, so the yoga was a great way to get bathing suit ready body! Am I exactly where I want to be after three babies?  Of course not, but I feel good both physically and mentally and that is enough. 


 I highly recommend giving HOT Vinyasa Flow classes a try if you are looking to get stronger. If you are in Atlanta then Highland Yoga is the place to do it!

1 comment:

  1. Good thing I am up to date on your blog, haha! Thank you so much for the inspiration and support-- love you so much, and yes, what a dang workout yoga can be! <3

    ReplyDelete

Hola!
I enjoy reading your comments. Thanks for stopping by Viva Cindy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails