Anyhoo, I thought I would just run down some happenings here at my house:
- I turned 39. Yikes! One more year in my 30's and you know Im going to make it a good one. Ernesto surprised me with a much needed massage and we went out to dinner....just the two of us. It was the first time since "the last supper" the night before Mateo was born. We ate at The Shed, in Glenwood Park.
- I discontinued the no-poo experiment a few weeks ago and boy did it feel nice to use my guarana & ginger shampoo/conditioner. If you hair is really damaged, I could see how the no-poo could help you, but I did not see the benefits. It did make my hair shiney and soft, but my is already healthy. The only reason I tried it was to get curly hair, which sadly, did not work. I gave it 6 weeks or so, and that was enough. The first day I washed my hair with shampoo, Ernesto noticed it when he saw me. Case closed.
- Thanksgiving was a wonderful day. It was the first time Ernesto has been home [during the day] in a month and a half. Boy was that nice! He put lights on our house and it looks great. We roasted a turkey and made all the fixins too. It was just my brother Brrrian, his girl Kyja and us, but we put a dent in that 15 lb turkey.
- Brrrian has been here for the last few weeks helping Ernesto hang lights. It has been great having him here. Mateo and his dog Bruno have become the best of friends.
- I have 2 more Craigslist finds. A[nother] rug and a huge upholstered square ottoman from West Elm, score for just $60. I will reupholster it...someday.
- Mateo's hair is getting long! Ernesto refuses to let my [persisting] mom trim it, even though if we don't push it over to the side it is hanging in his eyelashes (he threatened to "trim" the flowers in her garden if she does it anyway) So we have the mexi-mullet going now. Ill have to upload a pic of Ernesto when he was little. Yep. Same hairdo.
- Oh Yeah...and that too! Im pregnant!