Monday, October 05, 2009

Arroz Mexicano o Mexican Rice

Rice is a staple in so many countries.  I can eat rice everyday.  When I lived in Costa Rica for a year, I did eat rice every day.  Rice with beans, and beans with rice.  I never got sick of it.  Whether we are cooking  Thai, Indian, or Mexican, rice is the perfect companion.
 I was excited when mi suegra made Arroz Mexicano one day this summer.  I wanted to learn so I quickly grabbed my notebook.  This recipe is my definition of comfort food and will go with any main dish. Easy and very flavorful!




Ligia's Mexican Rice

2 cups long grain rice

1 clove garlic, diced

1/2 onion, chopped

1 tomato, chopped

3 tblsp of oil

2 chicken bouillon cubes

3tbsp tomato sauce

handful of cilantro, chopped

Add oil to pan. As the oil heats up, add rice and sautee. Add garlic and cook till smell. Add onion and sautee on medium heat for a few minutes. Add the tomatoes and sautee for a few minutes. Then add tomato sauce and cilantro. Add the water (1/1/2 cup water for every cup of rice). Bring to boil and then lower heat and cook on low covered.

1 comment:

  1. Yummy! I love Mexican rice! I can't wait to give this a try. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hola!
I enjoy reading your comments. Thanks for stopping by Viva Cindy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails