Monday, December 22, 2008

Transitioning Hot to Cold\North to South

After the Habitat Xmas party on Thursday, which was 80 and sunny...it was a good idea to stop in Atlanta for a couple days before stepping into the cold ass weather of Ohio. Ernesto and I hadn't seen each other for a month (that sucked!) and so we wanted to have a really nice dinner together Friday night.....hmmmmm where to go?? Ernesto wanted me to choose and I WANTED BEEF! (notice the spits of meat on the fire behind us)
Fogo de Chao is one of my favorite restaurants. Its a Brazilian steakhouse and soooo delicious! Big fat juicy meat...and they have THE BEST salad bar ever....Im talking lettuce, tomatoes and cucumber salad....they have artichokes, asparagus, hearts of palm (my favorite) olives, roasted red peppers, cheese, procuitto, etc. So first you fill up on this and then you turn your coasters to green or red to control the meat. When you want the "gauchos" to come around with the different meats on a spit you turn up green
when you want a break "can't...take...another...effing....bite" you turn it to the red side.
They will cut off the meat depending on how you want it cooked.
...and I don't want mine cooked too much.
Yes, and eating extravaganza it was!!! The next day for lunch we met Smita for Indian in Little 5 and then that night met Ernestos friends Jason and Ricardo for Thai at Surin in the Highlands. I really have missed eating out. Saturday morning I left for FREEZING Ohio! Here is the snowy view from the plane.
My Mom had my fur (faux) coat waiting for me, thank God! It was down to 7 degrees! I drank some of my dad's homemade wine to warm me up! He has over 5 gallons in his cellar!
We went to my bother Bill's house to hang out. He has spent the last 3 months renovating his kitchen himself, and this was the "unveiling". It is so beautiful! We made pozole at my mom's and took everything over to his house. I don't have a pic of the whole kitchen, but trust me, it is straight out of a magazine!! You get a glimpse of the rich chocolate cabinets and the "Hostess with the Most" [Corona]...eh Barb....
There were 10 of us and we had such a great time. Laughing so much! I have to say, I have the coolest family!! I miss them so much, I wish we all lived in the same city. (like San Diego) We were all bowling on the Wii and getting crafty too. My niece Kelli is a knitting machine. While I was at Walmart earlier (I know, I cant believe I went there) I got inspired by the turquoise yarn and decided I was going to start a blanket.
Its going to take a long time, but thats something I have an abundance of in Costa Rica, Im going to pack as many projects into my suitcase as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hola!
I enjoy reading your comments. Thanks for stopping by Viva Cindy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails