Monday, April 28, 2008

Mariscos at Midnight in SD

I can't believe how much we packed into one weekend in San Diego. We left Friday after work. Jerry picked us up and Ernesto really wanted to take me to this little seafood place he went with his parents last time. It was AMAZING!!! I think these 2 pictures are all you need to see to convince you that Mariscos Godoy is worth a visit. #1- the decor!and # 2 .....the seafood platter served with chips and salsa. DEEEEEEE-LISH!!! As the three of us were eating, I glanced at my watch....midnight....Ohio time!! That 3 hour time change is a bitz!
Ernesto had been wanting to buy new running shoes, and the best place for that is Road Runner Sports. They are the worlds largest running store, with just this one clearance store in San Diego. I went there almost 2 years ago and they put me on a treadmill to watch my ass....ah, I mean my feet when I run to see what kind of shoe would be best for me. Turns out that I have been buying the wrong type of running shoes for years doesnt really surprise me since I have always bought my shoes based on looks. Anyway I could tell a big difference when I finally started running in shoes that have more support. We went around to the clearance center in back of the store, and there is a warehouse full of gear at big discount prices. Anyhoo, I wasnt planning on buying new running shoes, but I saw my exact same shoes, only in grey and turquoise.....Hello? course I had to but them.....AND they were only $62 instead of $100 that I paid for the original pair (and those were yuck white...not a big fan of white shoes!) I realized while I was there that I really DID need new running treads were almost totally flat. Plus there is no motivation like new gear!!

Nester had been looking forward to going to PetCo Park to watch the Padres, and I was looking forward to hanging out at the beach while he went to the game. Well, none of his friends/family were available to go, so I felt bad...."I'll go with you mi Neto" We had a great time! The weather was perfect and what a cool park it is, beautiful flagstone walls, with plants hanging over them, great views into the downtown and that is the Coronado Bridge in the background! There are really cool bars in the Park and they have a Rubios too (fast food fish tacos....a must eat in SD) As you can see I am a true [bandwagon] fan. Ernesto bought me this hat right before we walked in. I actually like it!We didnt get there in time to get the park pass which is only $6, but on our way out we hung out in that area on the lawn. It was so cool, and a perfect way to relax after a few beers.Before .....and after the game we were drawn into a place called BASIC right outside Petco. From the outside, it was basic......a brick building with glass garage doors that slid open. On the inside, it was a huge open space with a arched wooden ceiling, leather beds, and wood slab bars with stools....and of course lots of good people watching. They made great thin italian thin crust pizzas, and huge salads with spring greens and blue cheese! YUM!! Beer on tap was perfect too! Oh! and this bike was parked there... I had to ask the owner where she got it- I must have is so classically cool. I would have to have blue of course! What a dream to ride my bike to the grocery store and fill up that cute ass basket!!!
Saturday night after the baseball game (and a little nap) we hung out at Ernestos parents house. I requested Pozole.....and I got it!! Along with ceviche and salsa. The whole family was there and we played Pass the Ace.
The next morning Tavo was running the La Jolla half marathon, so we headed down to the cove to watch him cross the finish line. Ernesto and I both felt sad that we werent running it. La Jolla was actually the first half marathon I did about 4 years ago. The last couple years I had a big jewelry show the same weekend so I never got to do it again. It was already sold out when we looked into it. We still had a great morning. While waiting for Tavo we strolled around the cove with our coffee. Down at the end of this little trail we asked this guy who was standing there to take our picture and he said "ahhh, Id really rather not" we looked at each other and laughed. He said he dropped one once.
Tavo came around the corner and I had my camera ready. There he is in the white shirt. It was so hot, even at i9 in the morning.
We yelled for him and met him across the finish line. Woo-hoo Tavo! Way to go! We sat outside and ate brunch at En Fuego in Del Mar and then walked down to the coast. I had to take with all the matched my shirt too!
AHHHHHHH...why don't I live by the beach???????
dont ask......I dont know why ...............
The main reason we went out to San Diego this weekend was because Ernesto's cousin Zulina was gettting married Sunday Tijuana. She looked beautiful!
It was nice to see all the cousins, aunts and uncles again. I have to say I married into a very cool family. Here I am with Ernesto's mom, his twin sister Adrianna (next to me) and cousins Lucy and Martha
It was quite an ordeal getting to the airport for our 1030pm flight back to Atlanta. We knew that the line crossing the border on a sunday night was going to be we parked our car on the US side so we could save time and walk accross the border. We left the reception at 730 pm. Ernesto's cousin Jorge who lives in TJ came and picked us up drove us to the border, but when we got there he saw the line and said it would be at least a 2 hour wait! UGH!! He was awesome and drove us 10 miles to another border crossing (Otay) and the wait there was only about 1/2 hour. Whew! we arived for our oversold flight at 945p.....and JUST BARELY squeezed on!! We slept with our heads leaning on each other the whole 4 hour flight, landed at 530am and got home just in time to ......take a shower and go to work! Suprisingly I wasnt even tired all day.......but now? Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments. Thanks for stopping by Viva Cindy!


Related Posts with Thumbnails