Monday, May 05, 2014

Happy Mothers Day!

Happy Mothers Day to all the ladies out there who have embarked on this crazy journey of motherhood!  But especially Happy mothers day to this special lady...
{the best mom ever!}
I love you mom!  Thanks for your unconditional love and support.  You have always been a great role model.  You are a constant inspiration and I am so glad we are great friends.  Also thanks for passing on your creativity and love of gardening.  I will forever credit you! 

The importance of having a loving mother goes beyond words, and Ernesto and I both hit the jackpot. 
We feel so lucky to be able to spend a lot of "quality time" with our mothers the last 6 years and are so excited that our kids know them so well too.  

Although mi suegra is across the country (in California), I feel very close to her and know that I can count on her for anything.  
{the best suegra ever!}
As a matter of fact, she will be babysitting Mateo for 3 days next week (get your rest now mama!) while I go to Ohio (with Marcelo) for the annual Navarre Yard Sales and Ernesto goes to Las Vegas for a golf tournament. We will meet up next weekend in San Diego and stay for several weeks.  
Can you say vacation time?! Yeah!

I also want to say a special mothers day to my sister Jenny!  
She is an inspiration for me as she has already raised a beautiful (in every way!) daughter.  I know I can get good parenting advice and lots of chuckles in any situation!  Thanks for always being there for me Fred!  

A special shout out to the other mothers in my family as well:  Barbie, Michelle, Adrianna, Veronica, Erin, and Beth.  I hope you were spoiled yesterday! 

Mothers day was delightful!  We did our usual thing Sunday morning and strolled (with our neighbors) to our farmers market.  While the kids napped in the afternoon, mi amiga Beth and I, slipped away for pedicures, Bucky-Bucks and Marshalls and Target run. What a treat!

Ernesto planned a little surprise dinner and when we pulled up my mouth just started watering.  
Behold the #1 reason that I would never be a vegetarian. 
This Brazilian steakhouse is a serious treat.  I always walk out feeling like I ate my share of the $50/pp price tag.  The gauchos come around with the meat on spits and cut your slice just how you like it (medium rare please!)  Mateo was fascinated by this and was pretty good at grabbing his cut with the little tongs.
After dinner (or late lunch rather!) we stopped for Paolo's gelato in Virginia Highlands.  A perfect ending to a perfect day.


1 comment:

  1. Happy (late) Mother's Day Cindy! It looks like you had a lovely day! I'm itching to see what you are going to do with that beautiful geode hardware from West Elm...

    ReplyDelete

Hola!
I enjoy reading your comments. Thanks for stopping by Viva Cindy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails