Monday, June 17, 2013

Hospital Bag is Packed!


I guess it's time!  Sunday was the 39 week mark, so I finally got my stuff together for the hospital! 
 I really think I have what I'll need here, but if you think of something Im missing, please don't hesitate to chime in.  

IN THE BAG
  1. Cotton nightshirt and robe.  Not really a necessity,  but I remember last time after that first shower how nice it was to put on some of my own cozy clothes.  I bought new ones from TJMaxx because I know how much use they will get in the next couple months.
  2. Socks and slippers.  I know with my c-section, I was up walking the halls the next day, and although those skid-socks are cool and all, I prefer my own.
  3. Toiletries bag.  (I bought this new from TjMaxx as well). Nice shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and soap can make all the difference.  Face cleansing towels, lip balm and my own maxi-pads are also in there.  The ones they give you in the hospital are huge!  No thank you. 
  4. Phone/charger,  iPaddy-Pad and SLR camera.  Because you KNOW I'm going to have a ton of pics, plus a video this time. 
  5. Baby clothes/swaddler.  I packed a couple white side snap shirts for our new little mexi-can and one sleeper.   The aden + anias swaddlers that I used with Mateo are the best, so I'm bringing one of those too!   
  6. Black licorice.  Because I always want it.

On a related note:  I have been reading a little bit on how to ease labor pains. Nothing like last minute prep for childbirth!  There is so much great info out there.  I like this slide show by the Mayo Clinic which gives 11 different positions to try during labor to manage pain.

Im so excited to see what is going to happen with my birth story.  No birth plan here though, just an open mind.  You know how I feel about planing.  I am hoping for a vaginal birth (VBAC) this time.  I am in no way committing to a drug free birth, but you never know how things will play out.  

Boy or girl?  Vaginal or c-section?  Natural or drugs?  Long labor or short?  So much excitement coming our way.

Be sure to check the blog as we will post the announcement asap!



1 comment:

Hola!
I enjoy reading your comments. Thanks for stopping by Viva Cindy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails