I guess it's time! Sunday was the 39 week mark, so I finally got my stuff together for the hospital!
I really think I have what I'll need here, but if you think of something Im missing, please don't hesitate to chime in.
IN THE BAG
- Cotton nightshirt and robe. Not really a necessity, but I remember last time after that first shower how nice it was to put on some of my own cozy clothes. I bought new ones from TJMaxx because I know how much use they will get in the next couple months.
- Socks and slippers. I know with my c-section, I was up walking the halls the next day, and although those skid-socks are cool and all, I prefer my own.
- Toiletries bag. (I bought this new from TjMaxx as well). Nice shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and soap can make all the difference. Face cleansing towels, lip balm and my own maxi-pads are also in there. The ones they give you in the hospital are huge! No thank you.
- Phone/charger, iPaddy-Pad and SLR camera. Because you KNOW I'm going to have a ton of pics, plus a video this time.
- Baby clothes/swaddler. I packed a couple white side snap shirts for our new little mexi-can and one sleeper. The aden + anias swaddlers that I used with Mateo are the best, so I'm bringing one of those too!
- Black licorice. Because I always want it.
Im so excited to see what is going to happen with my birth story. No birth plan here though, just an open mind. You know how I feel about planing. I am hoping for a vaginal birth (VBAC) this time. I am in no way committing to a drug free birth, but you never know how things will play out.
Boy or girl? Vaginal or c-section? Natural or drugs? Long labor or short? So much excitement coming our way.
Be sure to check the blog as we will post the announcement asap!