Friday, December 18, 2009

Tis the Season for Surprises

I love surprises! Ernesto said we are going somewhere tonight and you have to dress warm! Smita and Alan were coming over for drinks Thursday evening. I told them there was going to be a surprise and they were also intrigued. I thought for sure we were going on on a lights tour, but when he headed straight for downtown?? I saw us coming up to Bicentennial Park, it was all decorated, nothing like the Christmas Light Pros could have done, of course, but still very festive!
Then Smita guessed it, ICE SKATING! I guess I never knew, or else I forgot that the park sets up a rink every year! I was so exciting once I knew. Smita was scared, trying to come up with any excuse why she shouldn't do it. Ha! We didn't let her get away with that!It was chilly that night, so Im glad I took Ernesto's advise and dressed warm! I wore my fur hat [that I bought in China] a fur vest, and gloves.
The place was packed. We had to wait in a long line and finally got our turn on the ice.
$7 + $2 for the [most uncomfortable plastic] ice skates ever! 90 min limit!
I felt very comfortable on my [uncomfortable] skates and Ernesto and I decided that we must break out our roller blades again. Its so much fun.

Smita had only been on skates once before. She said she fell and then called it quits. She was pretty nervous and unstable on the skates, but Allen eased her onto the ice.
He pried her away from the wall. Soon after, the strapping young man had her doing rounds!
We all had a great time and it was such a surprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hola!
I enjoy reading your comments. Thanks for stopping by Viva Cindy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails