Monday, March 19, 2012

[Another] New Rug!

Happy Monday! Guess what? I have a new rug!!
I wish I could say it was a steal from Craigslist, but alas, it was full price at HomeGoods.
I saw this [Ikat] beauty last week and couldn't stop thinking about it.  I love the subdued colors.  What about my huge orange rug I scored on CL? It is still awesome and Im not getting rid of it....I can just move it upstairs to our bedroom.  (Which will be FILLED with color!)

Now one the first floor, all of our "big pieces" are neutral.  A good backdrop for colorful accessories. 

One thing is...I just wish it was a tad bigger.  It's not quite 8 x 10 and compared to the orange West Elm rug (9x 12) it seems small.  But really, either size works. With the larger, furniture was sitting on the rug, and with the smaller, just the front legs.  Both "legal" in the design world....yes, I checked!
I rolled it out in the living room and Ernesto approved. It is much softer than the orange rug. Mateo did a scoot test and approved as well.  Then he amazingly started doing yoga!
Downward dog!!!
The downstairs is really coming together, and I love how bright and airy it looks. I'll take pics this week.  We should be ready to host a housewarming/meet Mateo party in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hola!
I enjoy reading your comments. Thanks for stopping by Viva Cindy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails