Thursday, October 06, 2011

Old Chairs Get New Life

Remember this pair of vintage chairs I got from my mom's basement? 
Well, yesterday we got them back from the upholsterer (Fast and Great Upholstery) and I am loving how they turned out!   They did a wonderful job. I just can't believe how different they look.  What a transformation, right?

They took the skirt off and also squared off the arms.  I would still like to switch out the square legs to tapered but overall they are exactly the mid-century look I was going for.  Here is a close up of the fabric:


I can't wait to see how they look once we paint the walls (grey) and get a colorful rug and new couch! I fear I will not have much time to start decorating before we get crazy with the Christmas Light Pros (we are already getting calls for estimates) but little by little I know it will get there.

2 comments:

  1. Are't you glad I can't throw things away? the chairs look fabulous. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, i love the gorgeous chair you have.

    ReplyDelete

Hola!
I enjoy reading your comments. Thanks for stopping by Viva Cindy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails