Tuesday, May 11, 2010

First Zafiro Jewelry Show for 2010

This weekend I had a booth at the 29th Annual Colors Festival of Arts in Roswell.  Roswell is a about 30 minutes north of Atlanta (with no traffic) and the historic square where the festival was held was just beautiful. 
I want to thank the Roswell Junior Women's Club for organizing.  They were all very helpful and available the whole show, and the set up and take down process was the easiest I have ever been involved in.
The skies were blue and the sun was shinning all weekend; perfect weather except for the gusts of wind that moved my tent.  I watched my earring board get thrown to the ground, but luckily the earrings were fine.  Zafiro Jewelry is very sturdy:)

Neto helped me both days, and Smita came up on Sunday to hang out and do some shopping as well. I was very happy with my assigned space and had enough room to spread out , leaving one side tent wall open. I rearranged my booth a bit differently than last year and I put up the turquoise necklace banner I just had the made at Fast Signs.  Many people told me that is what drew them in the tent.  
I sold that necklace on the second day.  It seems every chunky turquoise necklace I have ever made sells immediately.  Good thing I have pictures, I really loved this one.  Here are a few pics of some things that sold this weekend.  If you are interested in any, I could possibly make something similar provided I can find the stones again.  Just let me know!
{turquoise mixta $125}

{black tourmaline w/ peruvian opal $92}

{ruby with blue topaz on gold $92}

{turquoise bib necklace $110}

This next one I was very very said to see go.  The lady who bought it said she saw it early in the day and kept thinking about it.  When she came back to buy I told her it was my favorite.  She said "I wouldn't have come back if I had known it would break your heart"  ha! Labradorite is one of my favorite stones.  I love its depth and iridescence and use it a lot in my designs.
{labradorite bib necklace with kyanite $125}

{flourite earrings $60}

{topaz drop earrings $60}

If you weren't able to come out to Roswell last weekend, you are in luck!  I have shows the next 2 weekends here in Atlanta.  

Saturday, May 15  10a - 6pm
Bessie Branham Park

Saturday & Sunday, May 22-23 10am - 6pm
Chastain Park


In other news:  my Zafiro Jewelry site  has been published with more pages.   Now mind you,  I have been working on this myself for months.  "With that being said" (Larry David)  I think it looks pretty good!  It does not yet have online shopping, and actually my gallery pics are not posted yet either. work work work!  It's coming though my friends, I promise! 
I would love to hear your opinions/suggestions.  Yes!  Leave a comment!
I also just created a Facebook fanpage, so shoot over there and become a fan!

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations Cindy. Beautiful work and good sales, yeah? The banner- very smart. Good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what beautiful stones! Do you pick them up in your travels or buy them locally?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the new look. Glad you did so well. love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Norma-I have picked up many stones while traveling, but most of these I bought from my supplier who gets them in India. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Hola!
I enjoy reading your comments. Thanks for stopping by Viva Cindy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails